Obsolete Content: Content in this article is outdated and has been replaced (or is due to be replaced) by its author. This version is posted only for posterity and is no longer considered current in this game or setting.
Soulweapon Feats are feats that allow a character to create a psionic weapon out of an unreal substance. These weapons are always unique to their users - even two wielders who chose totally identical traits for their weapons can still treat them and fight with them very differently, and the two weapons need not look similar at all.
Setting Information: For some characters, Soulweapon can be nonpsionic - they are only considered Psionic for this treatment as a legacy issue from the Soulknife class.Table of Contents
Your Soulweapon is more carefully crafted and gains more combat properties.
Prerequisites: Manifest Soulweapon.
Benefits: You gain an additional two Soulweapon Traits that your Soulweapon gains whenever you manifest it. You can choose traits from the Complex Soulweapons Traits list, and the Simple Soulweapons Traits list.
Your Soulweapon is more intricately crafted and gains even more combat properties.
Prerequisites: Complex Soulweapon.
Benefits: You gain an additional Soulweapon Trait. You can choose traits from the Exotic Soulweapon Traits list, the Complex Soulweapons Traits list, and the Simple Soulweapons Traits list.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you do, you must choose a new Soulweapon Trait that your Soulweapon gains whenever you manifest it.
You can create a weapon as a force of will alone, creating a pure weapon as an extension of your mind.
Benefits: You can, as a move action or as part of a movement action if your Base Attack Bonus is +1 or higher, manifest a Soul Weapon. By default, this weapon is a melee attack that deals 1d6 damage if you are medium, 1d4 if you're small, and it is wielded in one hand. You also gain knowledge of two Soulweapon Traits, chosen from the Simple Soulweapon Traits list. Whenever you manifest your Soulweapon, it gains those two traits.
The following is a list of Soulweapon Traits that you can apply to your Soulweapon. In addition to these traits, a Soulweapon always deals one type of your choice of damage - bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing. Further, your Soulwewapon only exists as long as you wield it - if you would be disarmed of your Soulweapon, or if your Soulweapon is sundered, it ceases to exist, dissolving back into the Aether from which it's formed.
Your Soulweapon has a base hardness equal to the number of Soulweapon Feats you have, and has 5 hit points for each point of hardness it has. Your Soulweapon is considered to be a Psionic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Your Soulweapon can't be enhanced by crafting feats as a mundane weapon can. However, a number of psionic techniques exist to supplement your Soulweapon's abilities, from various gloves, to crystalline hilts and hafts, to a number of psionic tattoos. Further, any spells or feats that can be applied to a weapon can be applied to your Soulweapon. You can take any feat that requires a weapon choice - such as Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialisation, or the like - for your Soulweapon.
Your Soulweapon does not necessarily resemble any particular weapon, but its purpose as an actual weapon is generally always clear. Some characters' Soulweapons manifest as green mists around their hands; others create it from essential matter; others still compose their Soulweapons from the same Aetherstuff that forms Astral Constructs.
- Augmented Critical (Simple): Your Soulweapon gains a 19-20 critical threat range. This trait is incompatible with any other Augmented Critical Soulweapon traits.
- Damage Boost (Simple): Your soulweapon's damage increases by one step. This trait stacks with other Damage Boost Soulweapon traits.
- Dual Weapons: You can split your Soulweapon into two separate weapons, wielding one in each hand. If you do this, each weapon's damage dice is decreased by one step.
- Thrown Weapon: Your Soulweapon gains a range increment of 10' per Soulweapon Feat you possess. A weapon so thrown vanishes as soon as it strikes its target.
- Augmented Critical (Complex): Your weapon gains either a 18-20 critical threat range, or a x3 critical multiplier. This trait is incompatible with any other Augmented Critical Soulweapon traits.
- Damage Boost (Complex): Your soulweapon's damage increases by one step. This trait stacks with other Damage Boost Soulweapon traits.
- Disarming: You gain a +2 bonus to disarm checks made with your Soulweapon For each Soulweapon feat you have, this bonus increases by +1.
- Finesse: You may apply the Weapon Finesse feat to your Soulweapon, even though it is technically a onehanded weapon. This trait is incompatible with the Two-Handed trait.
- Tripping: You may make trip attempts with your Soulweapon. You gain a +2 bonus to this check, and, if you are tripped during your trip attempt, you may unsummon your weapon to avoid being tripped. For each Soulweapon feat you have, the bonus to trip opponents increases by 2.
- TwoHanded: You must wield your Soulweapon in two hands. This increases the weapon's damage by one step.
- Augmented Critical (Intricate): Your weapon gains a x4 critical multiplier. This trait is incompatible with any other Augmented Critical Soulweapon traits.
- Damage Boost (Intricate): Your soulweapon's damage increases by one step. This trait stacks with other Damage Boost Soulweapon traits.
- Reach: Your weapon's reach increases by 5 feet. You threaten the full area around yourself with this weapon.
- Returning Effect: This ability is only compatible with the Thrown Weapon simple Soulweapon trait. A Soulweapon that has this ability returns to your hand after you make the strike. This means you can make multiple thrown attacks in a round without the Quickened Soulweapon feat, and can use feats that require a Boomerang.
You're able to craft your Soulweapon from nothing faster than normal.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +6, Manifest Soulweapon.
Benefits: You may manifest your Soulweapon as a free action once per round for each attack you have.
You are so attuned to your Soulweapon that you can make strikes with it that deal extra damage.
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus (Soulweapon), Base attack bonus +6.
Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls made with your Soulweapon.
Partial Open Gaming Content: Content in highlighted boxes is derived from, and in turn designated as, OGL material. Other content in this article is copyright © Talen Lee 2007-2008 unless otherwise noted. -